Stay at Home Care Services in Town and Country
For thousands of people, handling everyday tasks and personal care requires a helping hand. Whether they’re a senior with Parkinson’s disease or someone with a disability, home healthcare services may offer just the support they need.
What Is Stay at Home Healthcare?
Home healthcare is a service that provides personal assistance and medical care to those who can’t safely or effectively care for themselves. It’s a popular alternative to senior homes or assisted living, as it allows people to get support without leaving their homes.
In-home care covers a variety of needs, such as:
- Medical care (medications, treatments, etc.)
- Hygiene and personal grooming
- Getting dressed/undressed
- Using the bathroom
- Moving around the house
- Meal preparation and eating
- Entertainment and hobbies
- Socialization and companionship
- Transportation (appointments, errands, social visits, etc.)
The Benefits of Town and Country Home Healthcare
Here are just a few reasons why in-home care can be so valuable for patients and their families:
- Home is a familiar, comfortable place. Leaving the home you’re used to can be a difficult, emotional decision for anyone. With home healthcare, patients get to continue living in the comfortable residence they know best.
Familiarity is also important for people with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. Unfamiliar settings can confuse and upset them, while a familiar place can help anchor them mentally through memories.
- Living at home can help people feel more independent. It’s important for people to still feel in control of their lives and decisions. By living at home instead of in a facility, they can receive the care they need while maintaining a greater sense of agency.
- There’s no relocating or packing. Moving and packing are a hassle, whether it’s a permanent change or a short-term stay. Home care eliminates the need for travel, making it especially helpful for those who only need temporary care after a surgery or accident.
- Home care is personal. While the staff at facilities do their best, they can’t always spend quality time with individuals. With healthcare services at home, patients have the chance to bond one-on-one with their caregiver for genuine companionship.
Our Town and Country Home Care Agency Cares for All Kinds of Patients
Care To Stay Home offers friendly, experienced home healthcare to a variety of patients in the Town and Country area. Whatever the need, our skilled caregivers can provide specialized care.
Some of our most common areas of care include:
- Parkinson’s disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Post-surgery recovery
- Stroke recovery
- Respite care (for families in need of a temporary break from caring for their loved one)
No matter a person’s diagnoses, personality or preferences, we’ll thoughtfully match them to a caregiver who can give them the best experience.
Find Out How Our Town and Country Home Care Can Help You
If your loved one needs short- or long-term care but doesn’t want to leave their home, Care To Stay Home is happy to meet them where they are. Contact us today to discuss your needs and find out how we can help them live their best life in good hands.